Thursday, October 9, 2008

Germany

Last week I took a business trip to Germany.  The area where I stayed was very peaceful and rural.  It would be very relaxing if it were a vacation instead of a business trip!  The guest house where I stayed was the former family mansion of the Wolff family.

Foyer at the Wolff house

Pasture right outside the Wolff house

The only time that I had for pleasure was the Sunday that I arrived.  I spent the day in Bremen, Germany walking around the city.  The city is situated along a river with a very nice boardwalk.  The old part of town has some very narrow walking streets, along with a large town square.  Featured in the town square is St. Petri, a cathedral with two large bell towers.  

For 1 Euro, I got the privilege of hiking 12 stories up a narrow spiral staircase to the top.  From the top I got a good view of the city, including this shot of some arches that were rebuilt after extensive bombing in WWII.

There was a lot of history there that I wish I had known before I visited.  Another reason to go back, I suppose!

No comments: